Sunday, January 24, 2016

Leo Full Moon



The Full Moon in Leo overpowered me!

I had planned on doing a specific ceremony to transform some old energy and clear the way fully for the new, and then I decided not to because of how I was feeling... very restless and unsettled.
So, I just allowed the energy of Leo/Sekhmet to infuse me…I surrendered to it.

I journeyed with Sekhmet and felt Her branding the Ankh across my heart chakra. And she gave me her Scepter to hold. I felt fine at the time and I even spontaneously danced the energy in celebration. 

But later I felt sort of mauled - worked over - by the Lion energy...It felt hot and intense. Burning. 

So unlike the cool, soothing, Lunar energy I am accustomed to. 

It is difficult to integrate. I feel a sort of fury…a hunger…the hot breath of Sekhmet...a throat full of power...

Now that I have written this I am aware of how I don’t make as much room for Leo to express in my life. It’s uncomfortable for me to feel that kind of primal power…it’s uncomfortable for me to stand up in public for what I feel is right…I don’t take responsibility for my own leadership qualities…I am afraid to stand out and be at odds with others…I want to fit in so I feel safe.

But seeking safety at the expense of being who I am is to become prey...

This blog is my roar.


Regal Essence

Long mane,
Power-full roar, 
Surrendering - 
The purr softens the fear,
Of transformation -
Into pure being.


No comments:

Post a Comment