Friday, January 22, 2016

Poem for Megan DiPiazza*



It's one of those days -
I can't decide
What's best.

A day like any other
With the exception
That at the edge of this cliff
There's a decision I must make.

It's hard.
It's difficult.
It's overwhelming.

Is this a dream
Or a nightmare?
Or somewhere
In between tree branches?

Pinch me,
Tickle me,
Wake me up.

Just let me be ok,
Let me take my time,
Listen with reverence,
Tomorrow I will not be with you.

Forgive the mistakes,
Forgive the imperfections,
Forgive the bumpy road I choose.



Megan DiPiazza was reported missing in 2012. She had left a good-by note to her family. This week,  her remains were found inside her car wedged between trees down a ravine in the Angeles National Forest. She was 33.

I did not know her.

But sometimes a stranger's death fills me with sadness and a deep desire to say something.







No comments:

Post a Comment