Wednesday, November 18, 2015

I, Lily Gene

After the naming of the muse, somewhere in an alternate reality, The Grand Wazier is conducting a ceremony were the slightly ditzy, if not certifiably non compus mentis, muse is taking her solemn vows to inspire and infuse with passion the heart and mind of a certain writer, namely me.

The Vow of Service

I, Lillian Eugenia, hereby known as Lily Gene, do solemnly swear to officially fulfill the role of ‘The Muse’ to Aida Nuñez-Troedsson, hereby known as ‘the charge’. 

I, Lily Gene, promise to uphold the duties of ‘The Muse’ with all the power vested in me by The Grand Wazier, Master of the Tremendum Mysterium School of Experiential Undertakings.

Duties are defined as follows -

I, Lily Gene, promise to awaken my charge at inconvenient times in order to make the most of the auspicious early morning hours; to embed distracting sentences and characters into her imagination during long boring conversations and/or menial but necessary tasks; and to make certain that to-do lists are forgotten and/or left unread.

Revoking the contract:

These duties shall be fulfilled in perpetuity till such contract is revoked through the following words spoken by the charge in the presence of at least one witness:

“I, the charge, no longer take you, Lily Gene, as my Muse,” 

And accompanied by no less than: one camel, a tent, and one day’s provisions, in order to ensure said Muse will travel a far enough distance to provide for the re-establishment and restoration of the charge’s peace of mind.


Signed on this day: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 


Muse: Lillian Eugenia
charge:____________________

I’ve yet to sign as I feel it is incumbent upon me to consult with legal counsel.






No comments:

Post a Comment